Unified communications has been a topic of debate for several years now. Optimizing technology to be more efficient is always a consideration business decisions makers must contend with when considering any capital expenditures. Avaya has always been at the forefront of this platform and continues to build it with up and coming ideas and concepts to better fulfill many different market verticals. Most recently with their release of the IP Office Server, they have yet again pushed the boundaries of the stereo typical IP based PBX on the market. Simply put, this platform can turn their IP phone and a server into all a business needs to have a fully functional IP based phone system (assuming SIP trunks). But even if your business is using the tried and trued PRI interface, their latest 8.1 release of the IP Office Administration suite, allows a very economical, yet technologically robust, platform for the most basic business, to a more technologically proficient business. From a single site, to multi-site with either distributed or centralized voicemail, the IP Office platform continues to “ahh” and amaze our clients. Add in the Customer Call Reporter (CCR) and the platform expands itself to suit the ever so increasing Call Center market. Need more functionality? Just license the various Worker profiles to enable the Avaya One-X Portal to empower the end user with various tools such as Instant Message, web based interfaces with call logs, voicemail messages, call recording, conferencing, and numerous other features. Mobility and portability is another key feature the IP Office platform excels in. Not at your desk? No problem enable the mobility worker and calls can be seamlessly transferred to and from the users cell phone and the IP Office home system. This allows a better customer service experience by allowing calls to flow freely and not requiring the caller to hang up and try another number.
While it seemed that Avaya had almost slowed to slightly behind the curve pace for some time a couple years ago, they have certainly picked up the pace and continued to expand the IP Office platform to outperform, in my opinion, any other platform offered in the SME market. And it won’t cost you an arm, a leg, and a pint of blood to join in on the amazing IP Office Platform for your business.
If you would like to discuss Unified Communications and your business, please visit our website http://www.tekcetera.com and give us a call. One of our Avaya experts are ready to help answer your questions, provide a quote or schedule a meeting.
With the technology of phone systems ever-expanding, the physical desk phone has become more of an accessory to the actual function of the phone. From simple screen pops to full-blown Soft phones, the hardware aspect of a phone is slowly taking a back seat to the software that accompanies it. But how much of a bonus is this software and how can it assist companies with efficiency and productivity? The answer lies with the user who is interfacing with it. It all depends on how comfortable the user is accessing the features of this software. For a person that enjoys using a computer and the software of it, the features of phone software will be more realized easily. But if a person is simply looking at a phone as a simple means to speak to another party, the benefits of the accompanying software will be much more of a challenge to convey. It will most likely become a training issue for companies. Features like contact integration, voice mail reviewing and forwarding, call detail note taking, web dialing….the list can go on and on and on.
It is up to the individual company and their telephony provider to determine whether software accompanying a headphone is beneficial or not. But as this technology changes and advances, so are the people using it. More and more people are using computers, the internet and other technologies that further enhance not only their personal enjoyment, but their professional productivity and efficiency. From multiple monitors to phone software to multiple computers, people are placing a higher demand on technology to multitask and perform in a higher capacity. Phone software can and will be a new and upcoming aspect of that technology.
Currently listening to the Avaya “We’re About To Change The Way You Do Business” webinar! So far it’s very informative, easy to follow, and discussing a lot about customer service and communication.
Avaya is unveiling its broadest and deepest line of new collaboration and contact center tools ever!
The speakers are:
- Kevin Kennedy, President & Chief Executive Officer, Avaya
- David Downing, Vice President & General Manager, Avaya Unified Communications
- Joel Hackney, Senior Vice President & President, Avaya Sales and Marketing and Field Operations
- Anthony Bartolo, Vice President & General Manager, Avaya Contact Center Solutions
- Jorge Blanco, Vice President Product Marketing, Avaya Contact Center Solutions
- Drew Kraus, Research Vice President, Gartner
Just a few clips from the webinar:
- Avaya takes people-centric, user-first contact center approach
- Avaya is a people business
- Avaya leverages SIP for persistent customer context across multiple contact center channels
- Avaya contact center agents can increase productivity by 20%
- More than 200 beta trials of new Avaya innovations underway today
- Consumer trends are driving business to focus on customer and agent experience management through their contact centers
- Connecting customers with your contact center agents via text, email and web is more important then ever
- Avaya’s people centric approach is centralized with new Avaya Aura
- Avaya Aura Contact Center Suite – acquire a complete contact solution from Avaya
- With this contact center suite all information will be up to date and customer experience will be “user friendly” and easy
- Demographics are changing
- User experience is changing – customers are more active
- David Downing is sharing info about Avaya Aura conferencing solutions. You can now support up to 7500 users off of one single server
- With Avaya Agile Communication Environment, (ACE), enterprises can communications-enable their business applications up to 80% faster
- Avaya Aura Session Manager 6.0 now scales to over 100,000 users, including 50,000 SIP phones and video capable endpoints
- Avaya Data Networks are 7x more resilient, 20x better performing, and 40% more energy efficient
- Avaya Data Networks support 50% lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Check out Avaya’s new Ethernet Routing Switch 8800a – HERE
- Avaya Advanced Gateway 2330 reliably extends UC to remote branches
- Avaya WLAN 8100 Series combines 802.11n standard with unified wired/wireless architecture
- Avaya Data Networks are purpose built for real-time communications
- Find out how Avaya’s new Advisory Services can help you – HERE
Hope you enjoyed these info clips on Avaya’s webinar today!
Follow us on Twitter for more tips, information on Avaya, and much more: @tekcetera
Also be sure to follow @Avaya